Friday, January 9, 2015

Reading Goals for This Year

      I'm setting a goal of reading two books per month this year. I have so many that I've collected and want to read. I think actually getting yourself to open the book and start the very first page is the hardest part of reading.
     So I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower in less than 24 hours just for fun and I'm going to do my literature analysis on that book. At first I didn't want to do it on this book because it seemed too YA and had inappropriateness, but then again so many other books do and this has meaning. I have had books on my desk for weeks and weeks but I went to the library, saw it, checked it out, and the day later I began. I need to see the movie now. After reading a book I tend to obsess over it a little bit.
     This is a favorite quote of mine by John Green, I don't know about falling in love, yet, but this seems to reign true.
"Teenagers have more intense reading experiences because they've had fewer of them. It's like the first time you fall in love. You have a connection to that first person you fell in love with because it was so intense and unprecedented."

No comments:

Post a Comment