Saturday, January 31, 2015

#RIPbreetheG

My heart has sank. Social media does its job in letting people know what is happening. You were in my English class last year and sat near the door by the wall. You sold brownies. I had Spanish 3 with you after that class and we even were Spanish partners for a quarter, thinking about it. We did the art presentation with Cameron and used Kandinsky's painting because we thought his name was cool. You were putting the Yosemite trip together with Haley and Elizabeth and I went to the lunch meeting on Wednesday and talked with you. I don't specifically remember seeing you at the game tonight, I took a group picture of the war zone and you might be in it. I am kinda afraid to look. I think I saw you, walking behind the boys' bench. You did make everyone smile and I liked your voice, style, and handwriting. I don't know all of the details but I guess even if you mess up, leaving everyone here is rough. You're in heaven and looking down at all of us. I woke up this morning from a weird dream, but I had that thought of "if I was in an accident and wet to the hospital, who would visit me?" I didn't want to tweet it in the fear of it sounding morbid. Who would have know you were to have that happen to you? Mark in the fall and now you, it's strange to think that we will never speak again and I'll never get to hear your reactions or see your writing on Nesper's board. I wonder what Monday at school will be like. Every class period will probably start with the story and how everyone is shocked. I'm predicting tears and I might choke up, too. I think this is uniting the school, and our class of 2015 especially. I think we are going to make tshirts and do other things to commemorate you. You were loved, even though I didn't know you too well, we shared memories. Prayers do go out to everyone and I want to go like you have- loved and cherished. This is so strange and unfamiliar, but we all will remember you through what you've left behind. Your tweets, blog, and memories live on as you do in paradise. #RIPbreetheG

1 comment:

  1. We will miss her every day until graduation, but you know she will still be there. She will be with us smiling, happy she doesn't have to take anymore tests, wearing the prettiest clothes heaven can make. Bree was one in a million trillion

    ReplyDelete