Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year

     A day late and a dollar short, happy New Year to all. It's been a crazy year in many ways; it was filled with highs and lows and self-discovery. Yes. Welcome to the year of my high school graduation, to my transition to adulthood.
     I think it's weird how the new year starts in January, we start the second half of our school year in January, my half birthday is in January, what I' trying to say is that the new year is like a division in the thirteenth year of my schooling and in the seventeenth year of my life. I like the balance and symmetry here, but when I say, "earlier this year," I have to specify with which "year" I'm talking about. That's tiresome. I don't know, it is just something that bothers me. 
     Changes happen within us in the calendar year as well as in the academic year, and when you've been in school so long you start to measure things in 'weeks until the grading period ends' and 'before the next unit begins' so that you don't even recognize what the date is, even though you're putting it in the right hand corner of your page every single day at least three times. 
     It might be like this for adults, too.Time is something I want to be more conscious of this year- I actually hadn't even thought about a resolution this year until writing that sentence. I guess I can just roll with it. I want to be conscious of time, try new things, learn to accept, do what I am afraid to do, speak up, be more confident, keep up with my schoolwork at the same time, do what I want to do and be who I want to be. Okay these might sound super cliche and unoriginal, but they're good things to always keep in mind. I feel like there's a person who I would like to see, but she's not who I am now. I'm working on the baby steps to get there. 
     Side note- I have about a week to get my homework done, crossing my fingers it goes well. This definitely falls into the 'conscious of time' category. I am going to try my best to really crack down on myself and not lollygag as much or waste hours of time here and there. I done messed up my last semester and I can understand how others do, but it was so unlike myself. A part had to do with my choosing that health is more important than the work, so I'd sleep, partially because my body was no longer capable of staying up anymore. It was definitely a learning experience, everything is, but seeing my report card makes me want to come back this semester and get straight A's again, even though it won't really matter, it matters to me. The best part about my B and C at the semester was that my class ranking was at 3 still for accumulative grades, ha, lovely. I'm content with it all. I'm ready to kick butt this semester and all of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment