Saturday, December 27, 2014

Masterpiece/Semester Number Two

     My topic is very loose right now. I have come to enjoy photography, video, and writing. Many of my previous posts show my interest in these subjects. I'm not sure how I want to tackle this, though. I could study the different mediums in which information is conveyed to us, or the artistic pov. Maybe how everything shapes our lives. I am not very sure at all.
     I was introduced to a couple of youtubers, Jack and Finn Harries, by Alyssa summer before junior year and was entertained enough to keep up with their videos, look at their collaborators, follow them on social media, find their friends who have blogs, and be in such awe at what they are able to do. These people inspire me to go out into the world. I have wanted to travel since I was a little girl, but watching these people online actually go out and do it gives me courage and confidence to pursue it. The cinematography and photography is just so good and I wish I could do that, too. They've had years and years of experience and I have not, so starting out I'm going to be terrible haha. I care because it's amazing stuff. So many of the people I keep up with help charities, like Project for Awesome by the vlogbrothers. I think I love this community so much because I can relate to the people online and like what they're saying, doing, showing me. I don't want to say I'm shy or quiet because I don't think I am, to others I might be, but I am more introverted, I believe, so by watching these things in the comfort of my own room makes me feel at peace, relaxed, and like an individual in a way if that makes sense. I love the creativity and freedom that these people have, I know that I would 'kill' to be a part of that group. Most of them are kick-ass photographers and make me want to cry with how beautiful their photos are.
     Okay, well if I educate on the youtube stuff I can maybe help the generation before me understand how the internet has not only helped with looking things up, but with giving people voices and finding their purposes in life. It connects the people of the world with one another. I know my parents wouldn't believe me if I said that I chatted with someone from England online today haha, but the reality is that I have that ability to do exactly that. It can encourage those who don't think that this stuff is worth anything to take a look. I would love to dedicate more time to dissecting videos and learning techniques for making cool stuff. I'm hoping that through this sort of topic or overall idea I might find what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. Even though I really don't want to know because I have a fear of pinning myself to something I'll hate once it begins, finding my niche would be very exciting after a semester of mass turmoil about it.
     Academic disciplines needed will include the following: literature, linguistics, history, social studies, music, psychology, arts, sociology, transportation, journalism, media studies, communication, a bit of cultural and ethnic studies...
     Plan includes spending more time with the work of a select group of people's work and trying to find common traits, uncommon traits, uniqueness... I'm going to do a lot of observing to begin with. Then I'll look into the making of. Later I can move onto audience reception. This is cool, I'm actually making a plan about something! It'd be really amazing to actually talk to these people through the internet, but I will need a plan of action before contacting them.
     Uhhhh, I have no idea bout resources needed...yet.
     Tools... I might want to start a new tab on this blog for my ideas and progress. I might write it all in a journal, too. I like writing in a notebook and with this it might be something that I feel more comfortable doing even though it's old school. I'm feeling like a long analysis or personal journey of some soft that would flow in a journal much nicer than if I typed it, but with a new laptop I don't know.
     Very impressed at how I thought this all up on the fly, a plan looks like it's actually forming now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment