Sunday, September 21, 2014

Movie Tears and Volleyball to the Head

     Well, I've never cried at three movies/shows in one day so I figured that Friday, 9/19, was worth documenting. They were all so good. It's been a few days so I'd rather not try to dissect each one. If you haven't seen them, go watch. They make you feel something, and that's one thing I like being alive or existing. I'm a person who experiences emotion pretty strongly, I'd say.
     I went home after school and I had about an hour before going somewhere, so I sat down to actually watch TV. It's a foreign thing nowadays. I saw that this movie called Finding Neverland had Johnny Depp starring so I turned it on, even though it was past halfway over. I'm sitting there really into this movie that I'd missed the first half of and I'm crying- I had so many tears running down my face.
     I came back home and decided to watch The Red Band Society because it looked really interesting. It's really good, I've made it my new favorite show. The characters are great, the comedy is on point, and it already flows so well. So, the last five minutes I'm crying at the end of the episode. I't's the first episode of the first season and I'm already crying at this show. Like who does that? Me.
     Later that night Pay it Forward  was on. I love the message in this movie, how can you not? I saw this one sophomore year and knew that waterworks were going to come, so what the hey. This time my dad sat down to watch and the rest of the family popped in and out.  I liked sharing a movie like that with them. Of course I was crying at a few parts and during the end, especially. Why do the best people have to die? Oops.
     It was most likely the movies' doing, but I think that getting hit in the side of the head might have contributed to some of those tears because after watching The Red Band Society I cried over my neck hurting.
     So this past Thursday, 9/18, I got hit pretty hard on the left side of my head (like neck and jawbone area) with a volleyball while the SLO girls were warming up. It really hurt and I tried to play it off to save from extra embarrassment. I had a small headache and my neck hurt a little for the next twenty minutes I'd say, but then I didn't notice for the rest of the evening.
     The next day I was driving to school and as I was at a stop sign looking side to side for traffic I had this "Oh, no," reaction. My neck was hurting. The rest of my school day I was dealing with pain mostly on the left side of my neck and it was not going well. I'd try to rest my head in my hand during classes to relieve some pain and pressure. My sinuses hurt, too, like under my eyes.  
     Saturday it was still present and I didn't do anything to make it feel better. That wasn't very smart. My neck and head weren't how they should be.
     Today after waking up, my head wasn't feeling the way it should again. I had pain at first kind of behind my ears, then it moved up to behind my forehead, then to my extended temples. Now it isn't very concentrated, but it's not comfortable. My head still feels very heavy, and moving it doesn't help.I don't like to have it unsupported when looking down or tilting from side to side. Driving is made difficult trying to check mirrors and intersections.
     It's all not pain that's unbearable, it's just really unpleasant. I'm really hoping that it goes away on its own, but this is the third day after the day that it happened. I don't know what to do, I'll try to heat. Just putting this out there so if later on I need to remember what it was like- praying that I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment