Tuesday, August 12, 2014

POETRY #1


1. "The Laughing Heart" by Charles Bukowski
2. It's ironic that a corporation is using this poem because it begins with the first sentence saying not to submit, but that is exactly what commercials are made for , for people to submit into buying the product. 
3. From what I read, I learned that he wrote about and was influenced by LA and all that it encompassed. The poem doesn't really seem about Los Angeles, though. I saw it more as a reflection on his childhood where he had an abusive father, was teased, and had self esteem issues. He is trying to get through it all and sees that he has to keep moving forward to survive. 
4. For #1 I went onto YouTube and looked up the exact video so I could switch tabs while looking at the blog still. I assumed that somewhere in the comments the author would be so I scrolled until I found a comment with the whole poem and the author's name. I looked him up on google with the words "your life is your life" and found the title and the picture above. 
For #3 I read through the Wikipedia page of Charles Bukowski. Then I clicked the Goodreads link of him which emphasized LA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment